Sunday, June 30, 2013

Missing out

Have you ever been so busy and so preoccupied that you felt like you were just missing out on everything that is or used to be important to you? Maybe I should ask this one differently-- do you ever drop whatever is bothering you and really just enjoy your young kids, or the sunset, or the night sky or a walk in the evening?  I don't know if I tried to quantify the moments that I take time to smell the roses, with the moments I'm fussing about what I need to catch up on and who I need to call and so on…if I would be really disappointed in the results. 

Part of me thinks I would but the other part of me thinks… this is my season and I am really not missing out on things as much as I think. I'm just moving in double time. I'm doubling up on being mommy, on keeping the house clean, laundry, working, helping out my husband with his writing business, nurturing family and friend relationships, because sometimes I get behind on these too. 

I don't really want to miss the roses and my sons say and do the cutest things everyday. I'm just hoping that I don't look back with regret at the end of it all….Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone can pull it all off, it's you! I'm sure much less busy people are missing out on much more than you are.

    ReplyDelete