Sunday, June 16, 2013

A little more courage


Sometimes I think everyone has forgotten. It's like it never happened. The "new" man after the stroke is the new norm. It's hard because I feel like with all the forgetting, we are the only ones dealing with whats going on now. I don't think we will ever have the guy he was more than five years ago before the stroke. There are things that changed that day that cannot be prayed away or undone. I don't mean to sound like he isn't making progress or he hasn't come a really long way. I just mean to say that the new norm is NOT a problem, but it is fraught with it's own unique challenges.

I don't know if I could detail out for you in this post what the "leftover" affects from the stroke are. I can detail for you that I like him better now than then. I like the way he sees the world now- I like the things he appreciates life and I like the way he has overcome(and continues to overcome) such a difficult physical calamity.

Things are bittersweet with his career at current. Hoping for a future that is pretty undefined at this point is hard, but it is exciting to think that we will be able to leverage his medical school knowledge to write for other doctors who might not have the time…. So in the meantime- I know some people have not forgotten. For those of you out there, I hope you know how much we appreciate your prayers and thoughts, they give us a little more courage - when our faith is not as bright as we would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment