Sunday, November 10, 2013

We've been blessed

The other day our landlord told me he could see real improvement in my husband. He has known us only for a year. So it is interesting that we are still getting comments like this. I guess it's interesting because I thought I was the only one who could tell year to year. You have to know Will very well to know what he might be lacking at this point. I don't even know if extended family could pick out new developments in his recovery-- maybe they can ---  I should ask.

My husband does recover more all of the time. I have spent some time thinking about what is was that made me fall in love with him (again) after the stroke. For those who know our story they know we had been broken up for a year when he had a stroke. He was living in Ohio and I was living in Utah- it took me nine months to move on but I did and then the stroke happend.

He had changed. His processing was dramatically altered when we started dating seriously again. Ultimately I knew I wasn't marrying him for the man he could someday be, but five years ago, I was marrying him for the man he was. For the man he still was. He was kind. He loved the Lord, he was faithful, he refused to give up, he worked hard... Will has always been all the things I ever wanted in a husband. And even though five years ago his earning potential was pretty much non-existent, this was secondary to me. Primarily, I knew I couldn't live without him. That no matter what happened I wanted to be with him.

Now five years into our continuing saga. I love him more than ever. His earning potential grows exponetially everyday. He is in a critical stage for the "regaining of his career" I am seeing mental capabilities come back that have not been there in years past. He takes more initative and takes more notes and has more follow through ability than I have seen in him since the stroke. I think my husband has a bright future. And even though I didn't marry him for the "bright career future" bit, it is nice to see the Lord blessing him in this way.

I guess if this blog has a theme it is. The Lord is good. He allows healing to happen on a lot of levels, physical, mental, emotional and so on. He allows tradgey to move to good and even on to be great. He blesses us in so many ways. More than we could imagine. So if you happen to be on day one of your own "personal tradgey" Have faith. And know that the Lord is good. He will bless you and heal you. And someday you will enjoy blessings beyond anything you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment